Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sharing n Spreading Love

An incident that occured about an hour and a half back left me with many emotions erupting. If one was of loving, sharing and caring, the another was of hunger, grief and the condition of not so privileged people....yes, its true that for many people it's tough to get even square meals a day.
A poor kid comes to us asking for money/food...and no, he was not begging...all he wanted us was to buy the ear buds he was selling!! But as so called educated n sensible people we are supposed to be, we just asked them (he was with his sister possibly) to go by....but then, are they taught to leave just like that? Finally he does gets a piece of pakora we had on our table.....n then what I saw was one of the things which have left an impression on my heart forever.....
This kid walks up to his mother and younger sis and gives them what he had got for them & walks up to some other person in hope of something else...food or money to buy food, whatever it might be.
I don't know whether this kid was hungry or not but he had the love, respect and feeling of sharing things....that may be I don't have as much as him.....had it been most of us, that pakora piece must have been processed by our intestines immediately.
Well, I felt something today but did I learn something or not? Not sure... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment